Television’s first female heroine was Gail Davis and Gail Davis was “Annie Oakley”. Oddly, after co-starring with Gene Autry in features, Gail wasn’t considered at first for the sharpshooting gal when Gene’s Flying A proposed the series. Eventually, Gail persuaded producers to give her the role she was born to play. From age 27 on, Gail never stopped being Annie Oakley.
Annie (Gail Davis), deputy sheriff Lofty (Brad Johnson) and Annie’s kid brother Tagg (Jimmy Hawkins) kept law and order in Diablo, Arizona. The series ran from 1954-1957.
ANNIE OAKLEY – THE COMPLETE SERIES includes all 81 half hour episodes digitally restored; a labor of love for Gail’s daughter Terrie who tells us, “Mother was very appreciative of your loyalty and proud of Annie’s character and all she stood for. This is her legacy.”
1954-1957 | 2160 min | B&W | Optional English Subtitles: SDH† | 1.33:1 | Dolby Digital | All Region | NR
• 11 Discs / 81 Regular Episodes
• 1 BONUS Original Pilot: BULLS’ EYE
• “Pig-Tails & Six-Shooters: The Making of TV’s Annie Oakley” -An all new documentary featuring interviews with Terrie Davis (Gail’s daughter), author/film historian C. Courtney Joyner,
Western Historian Rob Word and an archival interview with Gail Davis produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures.
• Original Commercials with Annie
• Printed Episode Guide Booklet
• “Bulls-eye!: The Director’s of Annie Oakley” – A new featurette with Film Historian C. Courtney Joyner.
• Annie in Character
• Hospital Visits
• Comic Book Covers
• Other Appearances
• Private Life
Gail Davis, Brad Johnson, Jimmy Hawkins, Slim Pickins, Helene Marshall, James Best, John Doucette, Alan Hale Jr., Fess Parker, Robert Easton, Denver Pile, Donald Curtis, LQ Jones, Keye Luke, and many more!Directed by
George Archainbaud, Frank McDonald, Ray Nazarro, D. Ross Lederman, and more