In this hilariously cheesy throwback to the giant-monster flicks craze of the 50s, giant spiders from outer space begin to invade Earth, when huge black hole appears in a farmer’s field outside a small town in Wisconsin. A NASA scientist deduces the invasion is the result of some sort of intergalactic gateway, as he devises a plan to stop the huge, hairy, creeping crawlers from devouring the local population.
1975 | 84 min | Color | Optional English Subtitles: SDH† | 1.85:1 | Dolby Digital | All Region | Rated PG
- New 2015 Documentary by Daniel Griffith – “Size Does Matter! Making The Giant Spider Invasion”
- Bonus CD from “The Giant Spider Invasion the Musical” – 14 Rockin’ Tracks from the forth-coming Live Musical-Stage Play
- Mini ‘TGSI’ Collectible Comic Book
- The SUPER-8 Version (the original home media format!)
- The SUPER-8 Version re-edited in HD!
- Archival Interviews with cult-film director Bill Rebane and other members of the cast, crew and Super-fans
- Archival Interview with actor Robert Easton (Kester)
- Bill Rebane introduction by Kevin Murphy and Mike Nelson (of Mystery Science Theater fame)
- Extensive Behind-the-Scenes Photo Gallery
- Original Theatrical Trailer and TV Spots
- Archival TV News Reports
- Liner Notes written by Tom Stockman, WeAreMovieGeeks.comReview:
“Although the film actually had only one giant spider, it is a dilly. It is impossible to see such a budget-conscious special effect without feeling a wave of admiration.” – Stephen King, from his book Danse Macabre
Steve Brodie, Barbara Hale, Robert Easton, Leslie Parrish, Alan Hale Jr., Bill Williams, Kevin Brodie, Diane Lee Hart, Tain Bodkin, J. Stewart Taylor, Christiane Schmidtmer, William W. Gillett Jr.Directed by