The classic sci-fi story of a captured baby prehistoric monster put on display in London, with giant momma monster coming to the rescue! Move over Godzilla, Gorgo is coming!
A volcanic eruption in the North Atlantic brings to the surface a 65-foot prehistoric monster. Two treasure divers capture the creature and take him to London where he made the star attraction at a circus. A scientist is thoughtful enough to point out that the sailors’ bonanza is only an infant, and that a full-grown specimen would be over 200 feet in height. Sure enough, Gorgo’s mama comes thundering ashore, reclaims her offspring and heads back to sea — but not before, she trashes a generous portion of London.
1961 | 77 min | Color | English & French Language | Optional English Subtitles | 1.78:1/HD 1080P | Dolby Digital 5.1 | All Region | NR
- “Ninth Wonder Of The World: The Making Of Gorgo” a new documentary by Daniel Griffith
- Gorgo – Video Comic Book and Comic Book Cover Gallery
- Extensive Lobby Card & Poster Gallery
- Photo Gallery
- Gorgo Toys & Collectibles Gallery
- Production Notes
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Pressbook Gallery
- Star Ciné Cosmos – French-language “fumetto” (comic book)
- Restoration Video – Before & AfterReviews:
“…The best outright monster shocker since King Kong.” – The New York Times
“∗∗∗ – Good Sci-fi story… Exciting special effects.” – Leonard Maltin
Bill Travers, William Sylvester, Vincent Winter, Christopher Rhodes, Joseph O’Connor, Bruce Seton, Martin BensonDirected by